Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Join the team redefining how the world experiences design.
Hey, g'day, mabuhay, kia ora,你好, hallo, vítejte!
Thanks for stopping by. We know job hunting can be a little time consuming and you're probably keen to find out what's on offer, so we'll get straight to the point.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship campus is in Sydney, Australia but in Aotearoa, we have a hub in Auckland that we call home to our local operations. And with that, you have choice in how and where you work. That means if you want to do your thing at our Auckland hub (if you're nearby) or at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Product strategy - You’re someone who can coordinate the end to end product strategy and marketing opportunity for your area of business. You’ll have the ability to influence and rally teams to seize core market opportunities and bring world-class products to market. You’re someone who sees the big picture and can piece different ideas and products together into a cohesive customer experience.
- Market research - You’re highly proficient in sourcing and analysing market and competitive insights and you’re able to translate these insights into practical work streams for teams.
- Product positioning & Messaging - You’ll own the creation and delivery of product positioning for your area of the business. You’ll be responsible for empowering all teams at Canva to use your positioning across the entire product and marketing funnel.
- GTM - You’ll create cross-business GTM plans, which will impact millions of Canva users. You’ll be a professional in rallying cross-functional teams and fulfilling the requirements of marketing teams. You’ll own and drive the GTM goals, strategy, market analysis, product launch, competitive intel, personas, buyer’s journey and sales enablement.
- Product adoption & awareness - As a seasoned product marketer, you’ll partner with product and marketing teams to ensure to own and drive continue adoption and engagement of our product base.
- Cross-functional champion - You’ll be the person that helps connect the dots between product, marketing and sales. You’ll have superb collaborator management and be a world-class communicator to ensure everyone knows what’s launching, when and how it impacts them.
You're probably a match if
- You have 6+ years of product marketing experience or at least 4 years of experience in a marketing-facing role in a product-centric organisation, demonstrating skills such as delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis, and market research.
- Your exceptional communication skills empower all collaborators to support your product strategies effectively.
- You possess the ability to build proven cross-functional relationships with collaborators from various departments, including product, marketing, sales, strategy, CHT, and research.
- Your experience running complex cross-functional strategies and influencing senior collaborators sets you apart.
- You have a deep understanding of the market, competitors, and core customer audience, enabling you to identify essential trends, solve problems, and shape product, messaging, and GTM strategies.
About the team
The product marketing team is on a mission to empower our Canva community to achieve their goals through world Canva’s world-class products and tools. We do this by helping bring our new products to market and drive continuous engagement and adoption across our array of existing products. We want every person to discover how Canva can help them daily whether through creating social graphics, building impactful presentations, educating our future generations or printing gifts for your friends, with Canva everyone can achieve their goals.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.