Head of Growth
Sales & Business Development
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2023
WHAT IS BLINQ?
🤝 The first interaction two people have is the bedrock of all strong business relationships. If you can make that experience special, you can start to build a great second interaction, and so on. Blinq is the tool to help people do that. We're building a platform that allows you to share a snapshot of who you are with anyone, anywhere via digital business cards, dynamic email signatures and virtual backgrounds. Our ambition is to become the live identity layer on the internet and truly transform the way people connect.
(We will get to the fun perks part at the bottom, keep going!)
Let's dive into what makes Blinq an extraordinary product:
🚀 We're on an incredible growth trajectory, doubling our ARR every few months. Get ready to soar to new heights as we make waves in the industry!
😃 Our app is trusted and loved by employees at renowned companies like Patreon, Tesla, Uber, and Google. Rub shoulders with industry leaders and be part of the Blinq revolution.
🙌 Backed by Australia's top venture capitalists, Blackbird and Square Peg, we've brought together their investment prowess since Canva's seed round. It's a testament to our potential and the caliber of our vision.
❤️ With over 30K reviews and a stellar 4.9/5 star rating on the App Store, we've become one of the top 65 Business apps. Join a team that's making waves and be a part of our success story!
Blinq is seeking our first Head of Growth to join our team. As the Head of Growth, you will report to our Founder/CEO and be responsible for driving Blinq's growth strategy, focusing on customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. Your goal is to ensure a sustainable growth rate and increase our customer base while optimising our marketing budget. Your team will span across both Australia and the USA.
What You Will Own:
- Develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive growth strategy that boosts customer acquisition, engagement, and retention across various channels.
- Build, coach and lead a high-performing growth team across Melbourne and New York (~5 people), including sales, operations and marketing.
- Identify, test, and scale new growth opportunities to drive both the top and bottom line.
- Collaborate with teams across Blinq including Marketing, Product, and Sales, to develop cohesive growth initiatives.
- Utilise data and analytics to drive insights, make decisions, and measure performance against growth objectives.
- Oversee the performance marketing strategy to optimise ROI across all marketing channels.
- Establish and track growth KPIs, delivering regular reports to stakeholders and the wider team about performance, learnings, and improvements.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in growth marketing, digital marketing, and customer acquisition strategies to keep Blinq competitive.
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven leadership experience in a growth-focused role, preferably in a startup or high-growth environment.
- Strong understanding of growth marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition strategies.
- Strong experience with high volume, low contract value sales.
- Experience in a global role, preferably with US experience.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in data-driven decision making.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams.
- Strong communication, organisational, and project management skills.
Now, let's talk about our inspiring work environment:
🇦🇺 Based in Melbourne, Australia, our vibrant team of 28 (and growing rapidly) is making waves in the industry.
🍺 Fun-fact: Our office overlooks the oldest building in Australia, an enchanting old Irish pub. Experience history and innovation coming together!
🎲 We believe in fostering a healthy work-life balance, so we have a ping-pong table, board games, and top-notch workstations. It's all about creativity and collaboration.
🏡 Autonomy is our guiding principle, which is why we embrace hybrid work. Come in when you need to, or work at your optimal hours—whether that's burning the midnight oil or rising with the sun.
And here's what we offer:
😎As an early member of the Blinq family, you'll enjoy a one-of-a-kind chance to influence the company's direction in a dynamic, self-managed, and results-driven startup environment. Say goodbye to corporate nonsense and micro-management because here, you are your own boss. We believe in empowering our team members to unleash their full potential.
💸Equity in the business and a competitive salary: We value our team members and want to ensure they share in our success.
✨But here's the real magic: at Blinq, we're not just creating innovative solutions – we're creating a culture that thrives on transparency, autonomy, collaboration, and big ideas. We believe in celebrating individuality and encouraging out-of-the-box thinking. With us, you'll be inspired to push boundaries, drive innovation, and ultimately leave a lasting impact on our users on both B2C and B2B realms
🚨 If you do not check all the boxes above, that is okay - we enthusiastically encourage you to apply!
We welcome individuals at all experience levels and take pride in being an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce. Join us on this remarkable journey as we reshape the way people connect and network